- www.massagebeach.com operated by Massage Beach Limited (United Kingdom Company Number 05647521). You may contact us at the following address: Massage Beach, Unit 2 Uffcott Farm, Uffcott, Wiltshire, SN4 9NB.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect information from you to provide a massage or beauty treatment (any treatment from our treatment list) or sale of any retail product (Services).
Categories of Information we collect from you:
- Relating to both Users and Therapists
- Identity data - information used to identify users including first name, last name, email address, hotel room number, log in and User and Therapist password details
- Contact data - postal address, email address and telephone number.
- Technical data - internet protocol (IP) address, log in (password), browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices used by the user to access your website or app.
- Operational data - including interaction with the Services and transcripts from email correspondence.
- Location data - data that is used to enable the Therapist to find the User in order to perform the treatment/s when completing mobile treatments at the Users location of choice.
- Aggregated data - data that is collected, used and shared such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose, eg. used to analyse trends, track Users' movements whilst operating the website or app and to gather information on our User base as a whole. Or, in the case of Therapists we may collect data such as number of bookings, schedule information and completed bookings.
- Relating to Users only:
- Transaction data - includes details of the Products and Services Users have purchased from Massage Beach.
- Service Notes - we may collect information about our Service delivery for example, instructions on how to access a villa. You provide this information voluntarily. We pass this information on to Therapists so that they can complete the Services.
- Treatment Reports - Therapists record aftercare tips, advice and an assessment of the treatment they carried out and your wellness. This information is kept private and confidential and is only shared with Therapists who will be carrying out a future treatment for you.
- Consultation Information - This will include name, email address, contact telephone number and medical information. It is vital we receive this information so we can ensure it is safe for you to receive a treatment and to adhere to insurance regulations for your safety.
- Relating to Therapists only:
- Assessment data - information on qualifications and certification, training assessment results, contact logs data, performance and ratings data.
- Profile data - Photograph, biography, legal documents confirming the right to work, address and next of kin details, medical information, average rating obtained from customer reviews, booking and schedule information.
- Information we may collect from you from your use of the Services
We will use this information to manage the offer of Services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical analysis. This information will also be used to allow you to receive our Services, when you choose to do so. It is always your choice whether or not to provide information. If you do not provide certain information however, you may not be able to use certain features of the website or app or be provided with our Services.
When you visit the Website we may automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of internet browser or mobile device you use, any website from which you have come to the Website and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your device on the internet) and your operating system, which are automatically recognised by our web server. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the Website and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
USES MADE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will use the personal information described above to:
(a) Identify Users and Therapists when they sign in to their account;
(b) Enable us to process Users' bookings of Treatments on behalf of Therapists and purchases of Products, send confirmation of Services bookings, cancellations of bookings, email receipts and to enable Users and Therapists to access other information through the Services including but not limited to customer service requests or assistance with dispute resolution;
(c) Administer User and Therapist accounts;
(d) To assess Therapist qualifications create and maintain Therapist profiles;
(e) To manage and process the collection of payments on behalf of Therapists for Services;
(f) Analyse the use of the Services and the visits to the Site/App in order to improve our content and Services;
HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- We share the information Users provide with Therapists to assist them in providing the Services booked by Users.
- In order to provide the Services, we may share the information Therapists provide to Users to assist them in selecting a Service for the User.
- We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Website in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes.
- In the event that we undergo re-organisation, or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
- We may disclose your personal information if legally entitled or required to do so if required by law or by a court order or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cybercrime or to protect the Site or Service, or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
- Information you may collect as a User or Therapist
If you are a Therapist, you are responsible for ensuring that you comply with applicable data protection law in respect of any personal information that you collect about Users in the course of your provision of the Services. The Company does not accept any responsibility for this processing of personal data.
If you are a User, you are responsible for any misuse of personal information that you may collect in the course of your receipt of the Services. The Company does not accept any responsibility for this processing of personal data.
You may establish links to the Website provided: You link only to the home page of the Website; You do not remove or obscure advertisements, the copyright notice or other notices on the Website; You give us notice of such link by sending an e-mail message to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and You immediately stop providing links to the Website if notified by us.
We make no representations whatsoever about any other websites that you may access through Our Website or which may link to Our Website. These links are provided for your ease of reference and convenience only. When you access any other website it is independent from Us. We have no control over the content or availability of that website. In addition, a link to any other site does not mean that We endorse or accept any responsibility for the content, or the use of, such a website and shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on or through any other website or resource. You agree that you will not involve Us in any dispute between You and the third party. Any concerns regarding any external link should be directed to its website administrator or web master.
Measure the number of visitors to Our Website; see how visitors navigate Our Website and to see which resources they access; see what visitors’ buying behaviours are to allow us to see the latest buying trends; and see information about visitors’ internet connections and the equipment used to access Our Website. We use this information to help us to improve the content of Our Website or to improve the matching of your interests or preferences.
The information we collect using cookies does not identify you personally. For example, it does not identify your email address. It may include the IP address and/or the domain name of the computer you use. You should be aware that this information might therefore also identify;
(i) The company you work for (if You access Our Website from your place of work), or
(ii) Your Internet Service Provider. It may also identify information about your computer, for example your operating system and browser type.
If you access Our Website by way of a hardware firewall, a proxy server or any other kind of router (such as a dial-up modem connection at Your ISP) then it is the address of the router that will appear in our logs and not the address of your computer.
If you do not want a cookie to be stored in your computer, most Internet browsers have functions to erase cookies from the computer's hard drive or to block all cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored. You are welcome to use such facilities to prevent the installation of any cookie. If you refuse to accept cookies you may be unable to access certain parts of Our Website.
For more information on cookies please see the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk.
Protecting the safety of children when they use the Internet is important to us. Our Site and Services are not directed towards children and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children without parental or guardian consent. If you believe that your child may have provided us with personal information without your consent, you may alert us at email@example.com
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over any other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
All payments transactions made through the Services are conducted through our payment providers, Braintree Payments (owned by PayPal). You will be providing credit or debit card information directly to these providers who process payment details, encrypting your credit/debit card information and authorising payment. When you process a payment through Our Website or App you will stay on our Site and/ or App but will provide your information directly to the Braintree Payments, we only see a tokenised version of the information. The processing of your payment information is done so in accordance with these third parties' own privacy policies and terms :
- Security of all personal information associated with both Users and Therapists is of upmost importance to The Company. We have implemented technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your information and to protect any personal information that is transmitted, stored or otherwise processed against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access. In addition, we limit access to this information to only those employees, Therapists, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process it on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- The safety and security of your personal information also depends on you. Where you have a secure log in and or password for access to certain parts of our Site you are responsible for keeping your log in and/or password confidential. We ask you not to share your log in details or password with anyone. We advise to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information.
- Unfortunately, no electronic data transmission over the internet or storage of information can be guaranteed to be completely secure or error free and we therefore cannot warrant or guarantee the security of information you submit via the Site, App or Service transmitted and any such submission is at your own risk.
DATA STORAGE AND INTERNAL TRANSFERS
Information that you submit via the Services is sent to and stored on secure servers based in the UK. We backup information by encrypting it and storing it outside of the EEA, for example in the United States. Where we transfer your information outside the EEA in this way, we will take steps to require that that your privacy rights continue to be protected. We work with DropBox to backup servers.
The Company will have no liability for disclosure of information due to errors in transmission or unauthorised acts of third parties.
Where we have your consent, or where you have not objected to receiving (as applicable) we will use your personal information send you feedback surveys and ratings review requests on Services provided.
You can object to further marketing communications at any time by clicking on the notifying us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We need to retain your information (including your personal information, where applicable) for as long as you remain an active user of the Services in order for us to meet our contractual obligations to you, and for such longer periods as are legally required or permitted.
We may need to retain certain personal information even once a User account has been closed for differing periods, depending on the category of personal information concerned, for example, to enforce our terms, for fraud prevention, to identify, issue or resolve any legal claims, for proper record-keeping purposes and/or as required for our business operations or by applicable law.
You have the right under certain circumstances:
- To be provided with a copy of your personal information held by us;
- To request the rectification or erasure of your personal information held by us;
- To request that we cease processing your personal data in certain circumstances
- To object to our processing of personal data for the purposes of sending you direct marketing emails;
- To request that we restrict the processing of your personal information while we verify or investigate your concerns;
- To request that your information be transferred to a third party;
- To withdraw consent where your personal information has been processed on this basis. You have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment by emailing us at email@example.com
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved you may approach the local data protection authority; EU: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection_en, UK: https://ico.org.uk.
Massage Beach Limited
Unit 2 Uffcott Farm
The Company may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st June 2018.